Thursday 8 October 2009

OMIGOD My Mother's on Facebook!!!

Dear Mom,

I thought the blog title would get your attention so you are probably reading this. I knew you would find my blog by becoming my friend on Facebook, so I thought I would send you a welcome note.

I love you so much and I am glad we are cyberly connected even more than we already are. I think Facebook will make you even feel closer to me. It will perhaps help bridge the thousands of miles that separate us physically and keep us in even better contact.

So you found my blog....again. I moved it from it's previous space when you found it before. If you scroll through the postings you will read about some things you may not know about me and may not want to know. When first realised you were on Facebook, I toyed with the idea of adding you as a friend but restricting what you could see including anything that would lead you to this blog or My Luck with Cars and Boys. However, I figured you'd probably find it at some point so why hide it? It's up to you if you want to read the postings on this blog and find out more about me. You might not like some of them and you might be surprised by others, so it's your choice really. The only thing I ask is you don't lecture me about the things I've done in the past. The past is the past. I selectively edit what I tell you because I love you so. But, now I welcome you into the world of my blog. Feel free to comment on any post you wish. Click the 'Yarp' link at the bottom of the posts and then leave a comment. You can choose to leave the comment anonymously but please sign it 'your mudder' or 'your mom' or just 'mom' or if you want to be all English, 'mum'.

You will notice that my name isn't up on this blog anywhere. Those people who know me personally and read my blog know that this is me. Everyone else just thinks I'm some woman whose name may or may not begin with H and I live in London. I don't have a plethora of readers, so please be one of my 'stalkers' and follow me to keep updated (see the side bar to the right). Or don't openly stalk me- it's your choice. You can subscribe to my blog too. If you're confused about how to do any of this, I'll show you when I come to visit at Xmas. (Let's keep our fingers crossed that the Home Office returns my passport with visa in time!)

I love you so very much and am pleased that you will now be reading this.

Smoochies,

H~

No comments: