Thursday 2 December 2010

An Annual Review of Myself by Me

Last year I made 10 resolutions since we were entering a decade, so as a new year approaches I am taking a moment to review and evaluate my 10 little goals.

Goal: I will take better care of my plants.
Assessment: Errr... they are still alive...well most of them at least.

Goal: I will buy a new electric kettle to replace my broken one and make coffee at home instead of buying pricey lattes.
Assessment: Kettle was purchased. It's actually kind of sexy. Is it wrong for me to think of a kettle as sexy?

Goal: I will make more and buy less.
Assessment: I have done this a bit, but it needs improvement. I am, however, shopping smarter so that's a start.

Goal: I will keep a tidier flat.
Assessment: I moved to a house and have a housemate. We're both pretty tidy, but my room is not a neat as it could be.

Goal: I will set aside at least 30 minutes five times a week to write for my own purpose. It does not necessarily follow that I'll be blogging more, but I do intend to take my writing a bit more seriously than I have done in the past.
Assessment: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Yeah, that didn't happen.

Goal: I will cook more and eat out or get takeaways less. When doing this I will endeavour to be healthy in my meal choices.
Assessment: Not bad. Moving out of Surbiton and away from the kebab place that was so near to my house has helped this immensely. I also started to see a nutritionist.

Goal: I will work out at least 3 times a week for one hour.
Assessment: For the first part of year I did really well at this. However, I haven't had a proper work out for the last 3 months.

Goal: I will put less effort into obvious superficial friendships and put more effort into the real and lasting ones.
Assessment: Achieved and I repaired one and made it a true friendship.

Goal
:I will not repeat old mistakes. I know what I'm talking about here. That's all that matters.
Assessment:I did exceptionally well for most of the year with one slip-up in the middle, but to be honest that wasn't a mistake as much as it was a learning experience.

Goal
:I will set my finances in order so I can buy a place. I hate thinking about this stuff, but I need to and I need to do it now.
Assessment: I am still trying to figure out how to pay for my citizenship fee. However, I have significantly decreased the amount of debt I have.

So, not bad overall but not great either. Next year I resolve to not make any resolutions.

1 comment:

Castors said...

Nice talk here and thanks for sharing here