Monday 27 October 2008

A Blog to Procrastinate By

Ahhhh what to do what to do. It is my October break and I have made no plans to travel. I have a stack of papers to mark, a desk to organise, a flat to clean, and it is a beautiful day so I probably should go for a run. However, I think I will blog a little instead of all of those.

Procrastination at its finest.

I had a lovely weekend. On Friday I went to see Aimee Mann at Indigo in the O2 with my friend Jason. I'm not a big fan, but she put on a great show.

On Sat. I went out to SO, a Japanese restaurant in Soho to celebrate Dave, May's fiancée's, birthday. It was through Dave that I met J- , the man I mentioned in a previous post, thus I first met up with him and we went together. It was a fun dinner with drinks afterwards and then J- came back to mine for the rest of the weekend more or less. :-) He did leave to go to a football game on Sunday, but returned later that eve and we ordered an outrageous amount of Indian food from my favourite Indian restaurant in Surbiton, Joy. I just realised that both SO and Joy promote themselves as 'contemporary' food. So is this as opposed to traditional or ancient??? Does this mean that the food is fresh and not made a week ago? Or was it made with modern means as opposed to being over a wood fire? Well whatever 'contemporary' means when it comes to Japanese and Indian food, both were very yummy!

J- and I stayed up to an ungodly hour Sat eve/ Sun morn watching YouTube videos of Bill Bailey. This one is one of my favourites. I encourage you to go to YouTube and find some more.



So, J- left this morning. And, here I am blogging about my weekend to avoid doing work. I've also been hanging out on Facebook and chatting with friends. Later this eve I'm headed off to having a drink with a friend in London. Thus, I think I'm best to go and get some work done especially as it is almost 4-oops.

No comments: