Surprise! A post!
I know I haven't been blogging as I was before. I've not even been a faithful reader to those on my blogroll. Sorry about that. I will endeavour to be a more avid reader, as it is something I greatly enjoy.
I'm trying to overcome whatever this is that has kept me from writing furiously. I know that within these last two months I have thought about blogging and then thought, "Naah...I don't really have anything to say." As if that has ever stopped me from blogging before.
I've also thought, "I'm just too tired to write," on more than one occasion when I thought about blogging. It's almost like I just shoved all thoughts and feelings within me and kind of became a virtual hermit. In a way my creativity just shrivelled up. The well went dry.
I am not writing to say, 'Hey look, I'm back!' I don't know if I am really. However, I do think that if maybe I sit and force myself to write things, post here that maybe...just maybe this block or what ever it is that keeps me from sitting and writing will go. Hell maybe I'll actually get back up to snuff with 'My Luck with Cars and Boys'
Items of note...
* Still in the lead, but just barely, in this biggest loser competition. I've lost 11% off my initial weight so far. I stopped dieting this week just to see what would happen. I'll bet that I end up gaining weight.
* Bought my plane tickets back to the US for the holidays. It turns out that my parents are on the same leg of the flight from Atlanta to Tucson that I am, although they bought their tickets months before me. Serendipitous, no?
* My ballot has been mailed, and I'm anxiously awaiting the election.
* I met Stephen Fry and had him sign my copy of Stephen Fry in America. He wrote, 'Heather, loved your country and your state,' and he chatted with me for a few seconds as well. I was like a giddy teenager all gah-gah about meeting a pop star.
* Went Ceilidh dancing in prep for James and Dawn's wedding last weekend. It was a great time. Their wedding isn't for a couple of weeks, so I hope I remember what I've learned then.
* Went to Festival of Sins, which some friends of mine put on every other month. Not something I normally do, but always a good time. Ended up meeting a friend of some friends. (FoS is not something he normally does either) It's very early days, so I am keeping mum about details and might be for some time. Let's just say that things seem to be going well thus far (touch wood, touch wood). He made me a roast dinner last weekend-you gotta love that. :-D Not saying much else. I'm not feeling very comfortable about broadcasting my personal details all over the internet, which maybe is why I've not been blogging much.
Suddenly I want to keep my life to myself. Well, not suddenly really. But, I have or the last few months. I still like blogging, but I guess I feel that unless I have something really funny or interesting to say, it's best not to say anything. When I lost my internet connection, I got used to not having my blog as my outlet. My job has also been keeping me busy. Now that I'm a HoD there seems to be a lot of writing and thinking involved. It rather takes away the urge to do so on one's personal time (good God, that sounded really English!)
And so thank you my dear readers, who faithfully check in on me only to be disappointed lately, for being patient. I can't promise that I will be blogging with as much fury as I have in the past, but I will still be here and I will still write...from time to time at least. Oh and I'll be reading my blog roll more. That I do promise.