I got tagged to do this three times on Facebook, so I decided to write it here on my blog and then it will upload to Facebook and I will tag away.
The directions are that you write 25 random things about yourself and then tag 25 people to do the same...
1. I'm an American, but I teach English in England.
2. I was born in Minnesota, spent my childhood growing up in Michigan and my adulthood growing up in Seattle, but it wasn't until I moved to England that I went to Switzerland and learnt how to downhill ski. Love it and have skied every season since.
3. I fall over, bump into something, or knock something over every day...yes every day.
4. I've been hit by cars twice- once when I was 11 and once when I was 21. I was very lucky and only received small scrapes both times, but my bicycle was not so lucky the second time. It was destroyed.
5. I've walked along the Great Wall and then left it via a cable swing thingy- it was quite a thrill.
6. Every man I've ever dated since I was 20 has either been some type of artist or musician or both. I don't seek them out, I swear!
7. I'm terrified of dark enclosed places like closets or basements. I have been ever since my Aunt Julie locked me in the basement when I was 3 after allowing me to watch 'Night Gallery'.
8. I'm the Narrator on the American version of the CD Rom Little Bridge. Once it comes out that is. We're still waiting for that, but at least I've been paid.
9. I'm beginning to think I might be rather dull as I'm only on 9 and am wondering how the hell I am going to think of 16 other things. Hey, I know. I can add!
10. From August to November I lost 14.2% of my body weight and gained £350 in our work's "Biggest Loser" contest.
11. From November until now I've gained about 9% of my body weight back. Look, not only can I add but I can also figure percentage.
12. I lived in Mexico for two years, travelled to many different places within Mexico, but never made it to Mexico City.
13. I sang in regular choir, jazz choir, church youth choir and madrigals. I also took vocal music lessons for 3 years and went to a 'vocal music camp' 2 summers in a row. I played piano from the age of 8 until 14 and also played flute. Now I have a keyboard in the corner of my flat that I haven't touched in 3 years. I still have a a deep appreciation for and a very diverse taste in music.
14. I've met the band Wilco and had a bit of a drunken conversation with Jeff Tweedy. He's nice.
15. When I was 9 my father refused to let me leave the table until I had eaten my Brussels sprouts. I sat there for 2 1/2 hours and then my mother sent me to my room Brussles sprouts untouched on my plate.
16. I had a cat, China, for 8 years when I was Seattle. I was constantly getting sick during this time. Then I moved to Mexico and discovered I was allergic to cats.
17. Russel Brand and Barack Obama are following me on Twitter. I don't know if that's creepy or cool. I'll go with cool.
18. My knees are scarred from falling off my skateboards, roller skates, bikes and out of trees when I was young.
19. I've been brainwashed by my boyfriend into becoming an Arsenal supporter. In fact as I type this I'm watching Sky Sports 1 to keep tabs on the game since it isn't televised tonight. They are losing 1-0 with only a few minutes left. No, my boyfriend isn't here. I'm watching because I want to and yes if we spilt up I'd still support Arsenal.
20. I called myself a Sonics fan but didn't realise they had left Seattle until I went back this past December. Screw the Sonics! (This also shows you how much I don't pay attention to pro basketball now that I live over here)
21. Arsenal just scored making it 1-1. In fact now that's the final score. I'm relieved.
22. I'm in the process of getting my UK Permanet Leave to Remain. In one year I'll be dual-citizen. (fingers crossed)
23. I set alarms on my mobile to remind of things. Everyday I am reminded when it's near time to leave for work and near time to leave for home. I don't really need those reminders, but they're comforting somehow. I also have them set to take out my rubbish or recycling or water my plants, etc. (I do need those ones at times)
24. I have horrible luck with cars. Not just being hit by them, but when I'm driving them. It's never my fault, I swear-and I've witnesses who will agree that it is never my fault. I no longer own a car. Don't really need to living here. I find not owning a car amazingly liberating and safer for me and others.
25. I tend to be distracted by my reflection. It's not a vanity thing but more like I need to make sure that's really me or that I'm really here. I annoy myself with this so I can only imagine how others feel.
YAY!!! I got to 25 and it only took me all freaking night! I'm going to bed and once this uploads to Facebook, I'll tag people. :-)