Friday 18 January 2008

Never Be Lonely

You know you are really over someone when 'the song' comes on and you don't want to vomit. Tonight I came home from the pub and turned on my computer, which I had put to sleep in the middle of its iTunes mix. Lo and behold, 'Never Be Lonely' by The Feeling started to play and I thought, 'Hey, it's been a while since I've heard this.' It was a song that my previous boyfriend liked enough for me for me to purchase and put on a CD for him for Valentine's Day last year. (As an aside I'd like to go on record as saying that I'm not really a fan of The Feeling. Neither is he for that matter.) Instead of feeling physically ill as memories of our previous relationship came flooding back to me as happened the last time I heard this song in July, I found myself smiling thinking of the fun we had and glad that we managed to remain friends.

Hopefully, I'll be one of those 'people in love' again soon. (Yeah that was cheesy, but I couldn't resist)


----------------
Now playing: The Feeling - Never Be Lonely

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean, I had a smile on my face when I was finally able to listen through the Golden Age by Beck one year after a break up. It use to really annoy me that I could not listen to one of my favourite albums without memories of the other sparking sad feelings.

H~ said...

Hey Mike,

Thanks for your comment. I went to your site, listened to your mix, and liked it. Wish I had a way of writing you to tell you that personally. :)