Wednesday 30 January 2008

Songs-n-stuff

It's theme song time.

At this point in my life, this song would be my theme song. It would play randomly, the appropriate bits at the appropriate time because all of it, the tune, the instrumentation, the lyrics, they all seem to work into my life at various points right now.

I do this from time to time. I get a song under my skin and then I start to realise how it has woven its way into the fibre of my life (ooooh nice metaphor, Heather!) Life is a bit more interesting when you have a theme song that goes with everything.

I'm not the only one who does this right? You have a theme song? Do tell.


----------------
Now playing: belly - the bees
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Raechelle said...

For most of 2007, my theme was "Wasted" by Carrie Underwood. (No, I'm not proud, but there it is.)

"I don't want to spend my life jaded, waitin'/ to wake up one day and find/that I let all these years go by/Wasted"

Most recently, it's "Car Crash" by Matt Nathanson.

"I wanna feel the car crash/Cause I'm dyin' on the inside/I wanna let go and know that/I'll be alright"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks some songs were written just for me, at just this point in my life. Now, if I could just WRITE those songs, then I'd be all set.