Sunday 2 March 2008

Doh!

I made two silly mistakes this weekend.

1. The Lamb, a local pub, is going to have a party, celebrating a year under the new ownership. The theme of the party is paper. I realised this during the day on Saturday. Thus, I made a quick makeshift costume. It wasn't as good as I would have wanted, but it would do. I also found a paper bag that Linds could wear on her head if she desired. We were set. Then, a minute or so before we were meant to leave, I received a text from Ces informing me that the Lamb party was actually next weekend. Thank God, I got the text when I did. Can you imagine Linds and I walking in to the Lamb, me wearing my paper costume and she with a paper bag on her head, only to discover there was no party? Phew!

2. Linds and I decided to go to Gordon Bennett's to have a celebratory glass of champagne for Linds (she sold her flat). I was putting my foot down and refusing to let her pay for it. As I protested vehemently, I reached in my handbag and gave the barman my card. The barman looked at me and said, 'I'm sorry, miss, but we don't take Nectar Cards.' Doh! The people around me all laughed. One guy even said, 'Nice try.' I was bright red as I got my bank card out of my bag.

I'm off to a chilli cook off tonight. I've made cream cheese brownies and have been starving myself all day.

No comments: