Monday 13 April 2009

Will This Never End?

If you're just joining this saga, you'll have to go back three posts to get the full story. Now we are on to part four.

I had a dream that I confronted J- and asked him to look me in the eye and tell me that he had sent the banker's draft and documents. He couldn't. As he tried to explain why he hadn't sent me the tracking number, saying something about how it changes on the internet, I began yelling at him. I woke up with my heart racing, went to my computer and sent him this email.

"Hello,

It's now been 7 days since the package you supposedly sent was supposedly signed for. If I had the tracking number I could see it online for myself that it was signed for (per your previous mail) and by whom. I don't understand why, if you were telling the truth, you didn't just give me that confirmation to begin with and let me deal with the hassle of royal mail.

So please give me the tracking number so I can see this for myself. Then I can print out the signature and chase the person up when I go into work tomorrow. Plus this way you are doubly vindicated and I'll be doubly sorry for doubting you. Until I get that confirmation number and see that signature, I'm back to my original assumptions since I still have no tangible proof showing me you've sent it."

I sent that this morning and no I've not heard back.

A mutual friend of ours shook his head when I told him the entire story and said, "He needs to stop digging and just come out of the hole he's made for himself."

Sadly, I think I'm going to have to be filing that claim. How heartbreaking. I'd rather write an apology.

No comments: