Thursday 26 June 2008

I Have A Lot to Do Today

I just wanted you to know that I am not spending my Summer holiday just sitting in the sun or sitting on-line. I do have things to get done today.

1. Write Laura and wish her a happy birthday. She's one of my dearest friends from Seattle who moved to New Zealand shortly after I moved to Mexico. I've not seen her since her wedding many years ago and lately I've just been crap at keeping in touch with her (or anyone really, aside from writing this blog that is). I miss her loads and wish I could just pop around with a batch of brownies and spend the whole day with her catching up. Plus, I have yet to meet her daughter and that doubly breaks my heart. Happy Birthday Lars!

2. Sort my Kitchen. Gwen came by and dropped off a bunch of stuff yesterday since she's moving back to the states. These new (to me) items are better than what I currently have, but now my kitchen table looks like this.


There is no room in my cupboard presently, so I must rearrange and chuck some stuff out.

3. Sort my bedroom. I was so busy all last week and weekend that most of my clean clothes went straight to the drying rack to the chair in my bedroom and on my floor.
(I can't help but wonder if this pic is making Raechelle cringe.)
As you can see there is a thigh-master, which I recently acquired from the free table at work. I need to find a place for that which makes me actually use the thing. Also, my old broken hoover is there between the drying rack and chair. I replaced it months ago. All I have to do is take it to a charity shop, but I'm afraid they won't take my broken hoover. I'm fearful that the charity shop people will berate me for trying to push my broken junk off onto them. Surely someone can fix this hoover and use it again. It's a Bosch for crying out loud. Still, I tremble at the thought of a lecture by volunteers, who are obviously better than I am since they are donating their time to work at a charity shop. That yellow pile is my cycle jacket which fell to the floor from the drying rack just before I snapped this pic. I decided to let it stay as it added to the artistic effect of the picture. You could say the the yellow pile symbolises my yello-bellied fear of taking my hoover to the charity shop. I've given some serious consideration to just dropping my hoover outside the shop around midnight.

3. Tidy the rest of my flat. I don't think I need to take a pic of this as the bedroom chair and kitchen table tell the story. To be fair the rest of my flat isn't as bad and it's definitely been worse. What I really need to do is stop just throwing things down when I'm obsessively busy and actually take the small amount of time it takes to put things where they belong. I'll bet I'd be less stressed then as well.

4. Finish up Module 1 for my on-line course. It's not due until Monday, but I want to get it out of the way.

5. Go to Beka's students' exhibition. I'm quite curious to her students' art work.

6. Go to a talk about media development followed by Carolina's book launch. Of course Carolina will be speaking at this talk as well.

7. Write the next bit of My Luck with Cars and Boys.

And somewhere in the midst of all this, I have to find time to sit in the sun and read and get on line.

So, I best get started. I've got a big day ahead of me.

2 comments:

Raechelle said...

[laugh]
Yes, Raechelle is cringing at the site of your boudoir. But since I don't spend much time at home anymore, my boudoir doesn't look much better.

H~ said...

Phew! I'm slightly relieved that yours borders on being as bad as mine, especially since I didn't get to my bedroom today. My kitchen looks nice though.