Sunday 20 July 2008

Not Suffering Fools...Really Really part 2

Ahhh but there's more...

Remember Poopy Pants who blew me out from our first date on Friday? If you will recall, we made a date for Sunday (today), but I decided to cancel as I frankly just didn't want to deal with a first date 3 days before leaving for 2 and 1/2 weeks. So, I rang him yesterday afternoon. I asked him how he was feeling. He said he was feeling a bit better, but still a bit ill. I told him that I didn't think I could meet up Sunday as I might possibly be staying up in North London where my friend's party was. This wasn't entirely true, but he understood. He asked me if he had ruined his chances by cancelling our first date. I said no, and at that point I did mean it. I figured that perhaps I would give him another chance when I got back from the US. After all he is tall, cute, and funny. Plus, his illness did seem quite genuine even if very vulgarly stated. Then he asked me if I had a moment and could he ask me a question. I told him he could, but I was in a bit of a hurry.

"Okay," he said, "Why aren't you married?" At that point I could hear the gun go off as he had just shot himself in the foot.

What I really wish I had said was this:

"I'm not married because I keep dating idiots like you."

Of course I didn't say that. I gave him the answer of not meeting the right people blah blah blah. I asked him why he wasn't married and he gave me a similar answer. We exchanged pleasantries and I bid him good-bye. I have no intention now of giving him that second chance.

Onwards and upwards. I'm done wasting my time with fools.

2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Aw. Did he ask it in that "is there something wrong with you I should know about before I go out with you?" way...

or the "you are so amazing, I can't believe some lucky man hasn't snapped you up" way?

Either way, I probably would have been done after "the shits", lol!

H~ said...

Yes I really should have called it a day after his potty-mouth description of being ill. :)