Saturday 19 April 2008

Foxy...

...is the name I've given the fox who is living in the back garden. S/he is a bit scruffy and has some hairless patches on its behind and its tail. Foxy is living under a shrubbery towards the back end of the garden and s/he likes to climb up on the wall right outside of my kitchen window and sleep among the abundance of ivy covering it. Foxy and I had a bit of a stare down today before s/he slept and I'd like to think we have a bit of a mutual understanding respect for each other. Granted fox here are analogous to raccoons back in the States, but I like the fox better. Yet another reason why I'm here to stay.

I have so much work to do that I shouldn't be sitting here writing away, but I am.

I'm going to a fancy dress party at the Lamb tonight. The theme is 'Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner'. I was originally going to go as Mary Poppins, but didn't have the right accessories. Then Mark suggested that maybe he would go as 'Jack the Ripper' and I thought perhaps I could don my corset and my lace-up boots go as one of the Ripper's victims covered in blood. However, when I woke up this morning the thought of covering myself with fake blood and spending hours on a costume was beyond unappealing. I decided to go as a pregnant chav instead. I'm not sure what it says about me, but I own everything I need to become one. Too bad my hair is sorter now so I can't do what's known as 'A Croydon Facelift'.

I'll be in a studio doing voice recordings all day tomorrow. I really like how that sounds. I think I'll say it again. I'll be in a studio doing voice recordings all day tomorrow.

No comments: