Thursday 3 April 2008

Grrrrr.....

I'm frustrated.

I have this recipe for brownies. I'm quite renowned for them, so I thought I would try something new. Being a fan of cream cheese brownies I thought that if I just looked at a recipe or two and did some experimenting, I'd have a delectably delicious dessert. (I love alliteration) I found a recipe that looked like it would work in theory with a few alterations, so I gave it a go.

I made my first batch of cream cheese brownies for the chilli cook-off at Mark's house. The middle ones were really gooey, but everyone still said they loved them as they licked the goo off their fingers. I would accuse them of just being polite, but every last brownie was eaten and Gillian said she thought it was my best batch yet. Recently I tried again and got the same result. The middle ones were really gooey-too gooey in my opinion, but again people said they were quite good. And, once the squish ones were frozen they were really quite nummy. I would like to make a batch, however, that comes out of the oven and is perfect after cooling. The goo may taste good, but I want a cream cheese brownie you can hold in your hand at a picnic.

This morning the Reads texted to say they were having a bbq. I asked Kim if I could bring anything and she suggested dessert. Thus, I went for a third try.

I changed the recipe a bit more and left my brownies in the oven about 7 more minutes longer than usual. While that seemed to help, they were still gooey in the middle. I took the gooey ones and put them in the freezer. The rest are going to the Reads' bbq.

I'm obsessed. I will figure this out.

No comments: