Monday 19 May 2008

Pain in the...

Ok confession time (kinda). I've told a few people about this, but until now I've more or less kept it to myself.

I've had this nagging pain in my right side, where my appendix once was, for the last 3 years. It comes and it goes, but lately it's fairly been constant for about the last month. My fear was that I had cystic fibrosis. I know 4 women now who have had to have operations, some pretty serious, due to cystic fibrosis. My last friend who had this had symptoms pretty similar to my side ache. So I went to the doctor and was sent for some tests last Monday. I had an ultrasound and several blood tests. The ultrasound showed nothing abnormal. I was relieved, but at the same time I was annoyed that there was no reason they could see why I would have this pain. I've not heard anything back about the blood tests, yet.

So, I've decided that I would keep a daily journal of what I eat and my exercise habits. The most motivating way for me to track this was by blogging. However, I don't want this blog to turn into a food and exercise journal or some constant winge about my side. I want this to remain the random thoughts-n-things that pop into my head. If you, however, are curious to the progress of this pain-in-my-side you may check out my other blog appropriately entitled What a Pain! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Raechelle said...

Oy. Hope it's nothing too serious. But I have say, h-in-pain for a blog name is pretty damn funny :-)

Sending you good juju.....

H~ said...

Ta! Glad you appreciate my warped sense of humour.